Sunday, October 10, 2010

the couple that blazes together...

...stays together.

And, in the reverse, the couple that chooses different paths will usually break up.
Three years ago I was engaged to a very darling man boy guy.
We chose October 10, 2010 to be our wedding day.
Then, things shifted, and transitioned, and September 2008 we broke up, to really go our separate ways May 2009.

When I think of him, I think of what a gift making amends will be.  I think of forgiveness, possibility, and true release.  I'd like to say so many things to him.  Mostly, "when I think of you, it is with a full heart, with contrition, and I'm sorry for how I behaved.  I believed in our love, and then I just stopped believing in us, and I was wrong in a lot of ways."

Today's been a funky day, mostly because I'm transitioning from working nights to living in the daytime, and my sleep has been fitful with unrest.  This day has come up on me quickly, and I am happy to let it go.  Life changes, and I don't want to say anything other than I honor this day--for what it could have been, for what it is, and for all the goodness that surrounds growth and change.  

No comments: